[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

Hi John,

<snip>
>   Is it correct that Malcolm's LED's were energized by the far fields and
> Bart's lamps were energized by the near fields. How can you prove this?

According to the formal definition of near and far fields given by
someone else, my LEDs are being lit by received far fields.
Personally I cannot understand on what grounds a distinction is being
made other than it has a bearing on what the antenna "sees" as its
load. I can't see that it makes any difference to laws governing
received power as distance from the antenna is changed.

?
Malcolm