[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twf-at-verinet-dot-com>

>   I haven't been following the displacement current thread really well but
>I think these may be the currents that my VI antenna picks up.  The antenna is
>really two antennas.  One is sensitive to voltage or E fields and the other is
>sensitive to current displacement.  This is demonstrated by the fact that the
>wave forms are 90 out of phase from each other.

I haven't been following this either, but it seems that Maxwell's Eq's
are falling out of favor with some folks?  But they served us so well,
for so many years!

What happened to the notion that "displacement" currents are caused
simply by the changing E field, whether or not there are charged
particles present?  Many nifty antennas with low SWR's have been
designed and operated under this assumption, and they seem to launch
EM radiation quite well, even thru empty interstellar space.

Please ignore all this if the issue has already been hashed out.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org