[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tapered secondary form?

To all coilers,

I am [and have been for some time] working on my first large coil, for
use with my first pole-pig. I had thought I had an ideal secondary form
but closer inspection reveals otherwise. I borrowed from work two
plastic rubbermaid trashcans. These appeared to be quite sutable for
coiling. I just stacked them and realized they have differing diameters
between the top and bottom of the can. There dimensions are 17" tall,
13.5" diameter (base), 14.5" diameter (top). I have two of those. I am
not sure how this slight angle will effect performance. And if it is ok,
I was planning on stacking two of them for a ~14"x54" secondary. So
would it be better if the larger dimaters were together at the middle or
at opposite ends; for example curved in at the middle or curved out at
the middle?

Thanks,
Tristan Stewart (KC2EBM)