[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMCs in dc coils

Hi Nick,

> Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hi All,
> My big coil (slowly edging closer to completion :-) is dc and as I
> have 120 philips 1600V 47nF caps i may as well try an mmc.  I wonder
> anyone has any thoughts on string length - guestimate 10 or 0 but
>would welcome your thoughts.

You should (de)rate them in the exact same way you would for
an AC coil. While you are using DC as a power source, this DC
value is of little importance for the MMC. Your cap (I assume this
will be the TC primary cap and not a "recharging resovoir") will
still see the AC part, because of the TC operating (i.e.: RF)
frequency. Can you give me a little more info on:

1.) BPS
2.) Xformer rms voltage
3.) Bang size (Joule)
4.) Primary current
5.) Coil size and a rough guess at Fres.

This will help me (us) determine the structure of your MMC.

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard