[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First run 6.5" coil- odd results? (fwd)

Hi Scott,
             I too am 14 so no worrys there.  i would say that your poor
performance is down to the tiny input power.  A pair of 12/30 neons or even
just one would drive it nicely althought you would need a wider gap.  I would
also advise you lose the salt caps.  My first coil went from 6" arcs to 15"
arcs when I switched to an MMC.  A coil that size has the potential to
produce large arcs and almost certainly need a bigger terminal , think about
a 5" by 20" toroid.

Welcome to the worldwide brotherhood of tesla coilers :-)
Nick Field