[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Factor Correction

I'd check the AC current rating on the D-K caps and see if it's high
enough. Then I'd run them under a shatter cover in case they decide to
explode. The motor caps seem to me to be a better choice, though, because
they are made for the job. As long as they are run caps as opposed to
starting caps (lower heat dissipation, that is, lower Equivalent Series
Resistance or ESR), any manufacturer should be OK.

Ken

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Hi All,
>
> 	I was playing with computer models all day today and got interested in
> power factor correction caps.  I found I can get my coil down to about
8.2
> amps RMS input by adding 140uF of capacitance across the neon input.
This