[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TVI/RFI Reduction. Empirical Results

Hi Michael and all,

Firstly:  a big thank you for posting this information.
This is the first time I have seen a message which explains changes
that actually led to a definite improvement with TVI.

Secondly: Very interesting. Your findings agree with Terry's results.
His paper shows a reduction in high frequency noise when the primary
wiring was beefed-up.

Out of interest is the new cap of the same kind as the one which broke,
i.e. MMC, rolled poly, or is it made differently ?

I came to the conclusion that the gap is the "cause" of the really high
frequencies,  did you change anything there ?

You said you added chokes and resistors,  did you use any bypass caps ?

It is a pity that you didn't have time to find out which fix did the
trick,  but it sounds like you have a much "quieter" coil for your
efforts !

You said that you still get a few lines on the TV.  Have you tried
recording a broadcast,  and freezing a frame when you play it back.
I found that the horizontal lines were formed of dots at a regular
spacing across the screen. It would be nice if someone could
independently confirm this.

BTW. It never ceases to amaze me that a TC can radiate significant
     amounts of power at frequencies as high as 900MHz !
     That's nearly 5000 times my coil's resonant frequency.

	"TVI, together we'll crack it"

					- Richie,

					- In sunny Newcastle.