[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using dual 120V for 240?

    I had thought about getting another 20A powerstat so I could do
240v. I figured that after you connect the 2 in series then you'd
take your output from both wipers. When both wipers were to the side
where they connect you should get 0v. You would have a 2v per turn
instead of a 1v per turn as is the normal configuration of a variac.
Only downfalls I can think of is that you'd need 2 identical
variacs. There is a 240v 10A on ebay at the moment.
http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=124523959