[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube watts & volts

On Fri, 02 Jul 1999 12:46:19 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
>Original Poster: "Dr. John W. Gudenas" <jgudenas-at-admin.aurora.edu>
>
>Grayson
>Max plate voltage is normally given in DC and for an 811A that is
>1500v.
>However, it is possible to use self rectification with AC on the plate
>and
>obviously peak to peak would be the safe limit.

Not sure what you mean by self rectification. Is that what happens when
ever a tube circuit such as this is run on AC?

But I wouldn't worry
>if you exceed this somewhat (how much is somewhat? ..experiment until
>you destroy the tube). Plate current on an 811A is 175ma, thus they
>are often
>put in parallel to handle more current.

Yes, I was thinking of using two for my first go at it.

>I have one coil that uses 3 X 811A at 1300v -at- 500ma that produces a
>beautiful 8 to 10 inch corona. These are cheap, good triodes great for
>a first tube project or experimental work that can be abstracted to
>bigger
>projects.
>John
>
>John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
>Department Chair of Computer Science and Mathematics
>Aurora University, Aurora IL 60506
>Office: 630-844-5539     Fax: 630-844-7830

Thanks,

With Silent Lightning in my hands,
-The Electrophile-
Grayson Dietrich,  Medina, OH
See my HV Haven (it does NOT do jusctice!)
www.geocities-dot-com/WestHollywood/Stonewall/2509/index.html

<SNIP>

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.