[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What's that smell?

All,

I caught a glimps last night of the upcoming 'highlights' to be seen on
next week's Most Amazing Police Video's (or whatever it is called) to be
aired next Thursday evening on FOX network.  They will show a man,
suicidal climber or lineman (I don't know which) up on a wooden power
pole apparently getting his arms bridged between phases of what I'm
guessing must be a 27 kV or higher line.  Pretty impressive explosion!
If you ever wanted to see how dangerous accidental hands-on contact with
the HV side of a pole pig or charged coin/can shrinking capacitor bank
might look like, don't forget to tune in and have the VCR running.

This most certainly IS high power Tesla coil related subject matter.

Robert W. Stephens