[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: rolled capacitor plate tabs

I think only one tab is used in a rolled cap because it is cheap and
easy to do. There is no reason that I know of why multiple tabs could
not be used - which would serve to dec tot inductance + res of cap, and
increase its discharge capability. I think really high current discharge
caps ie max disc current >1000amps most probably do use multiple strap
connections. I have seen multiple strap connections in a pulse rated
electrolytic cap before
Dan