[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pig current limiting

According to my last calculations, to sustain a 50 kW pulse power a 15 uF
cap allows for the voltage to drop max. 2%.

This can be easily calculated from the charge consumed between two
consecutive ripple peaks. Of course, this depends on the ripple frequency
(300 Hz in my case), the tank nominal voltage, the primary capacitors value
and the amount power used. And I didn't consider losses...

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com on 12.01.99 19:01:00