Toroid spinning Videotape, tape 22 is ready
My latest Tesla Research Video #22 contains a special 20 minute
segment that shows my method for producing pristine spun metal
toroids at very low cost. This VHS videotape is 2 hours long, and
also shows my latest coiling work since my last tape.
1. A small secondary is wound using a homemade coil winding
machine. This is in preparation for testing the absolute capabilities
of small, thin wired secondary coils.
2. A dryer duct toroid is built using a new end-joining technique for
a smooth, clean, seam.
3. Small magnifier coupling and quenching is verified under various
tuning conditions using a secondary variable tuning capacitor.
4. New small classic TC test set-up is shown and tested. A 9" high
secondary gives 22 1/2" sparks using series multi-pipe static gaps.
Scope display of 1st and 2nd notch quenching is shown.
5. Set-up tips for TC's using short secondary coils.
6. Antenna pickup for scope is described.
7. Larger toroid is installed on the small classic TC and gives 28"
sparks using a higher break-rate and higher input power.
8. Small secondary blows out from over-volting, and is repaired.
9. The 9" secondary is replaced with a 12" high secondary and
10. A potential transformer is installed and gives 32" - 35" fierce
sparks from the 3" by 12" secondary.
11. Controller, ammeter, ballast, variac, and wattmeter are shown.
12. The 4" by 23" secondary is installed for comparison, and blasts
out 36" sparks at 800 watts still using the static gaps.
13. A synchronous rotary gap is installed and easily gives 40" sparks.
The different gap systems are discussed.
14. A couple of hamfest buys are shown.
15. High vs. low break-rates are discussed, with preliminary
16. The 12 point series quenching rotary spark gap, and high break
rate TC sparks are shown.
17. Car is loaded up for pilgrimage to annual east-coast teslathons.
18. A large rotating anode X-ray tube is shown.
19. Gaithersburg, MD hamfest buys.
20. 6" and 10" spun aluminum toroids are tested on TCs, and give
great spark action.
21. Lathe set-up for spinning is shown, along with custom built table.
22. New design polished aluminum toroids, and brushed copper
toroids are shown.
23. Richard Hull and Lou Balint visit my NJ lab.
24. This 20 minute segment takes the viewer through my toroid
metal spinning process, with full descriptions and production
secrets shown. Make your own beautiful spun metal toroids!
25. A technique for de-gassing gassy tubes is shown.
26. A 10" spun copper toroid is shown.
27. More work is done on debarnacling vacuum tubes to allow them
to withstand higher than normal plate voltages. Set-up, X-ray
protection, and preliminary work is shown and discussed.
To order Tape 22 please send check or MO for $16, (includes
shipping in the US), to:
49 Thiem Ave
Rochelle Pk, NJ 07662
Thanks, John Freau