[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tips on capacitor and toroid design

In a message dated 1/7/99 10:29:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>

 to: List

 Actually, DC Cox posted the Kapton info.

 DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

I agree Kapton is great stuff.  You can make large value capacitors in a small
space - but it is very expensive.  If someone could find a bunch of this stuff
surplus it would be a gold mine.  We used to manufacture computer keyboards
where the individual switch function was achieved by changing a small
capacitance.  We used vacuum deposited aluminum on .50 mil mylar.  We did a
lot of testing with Kapton but could not afford to use it in production.

Ed Sonderman