[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Model Airplane Fuel

When I use to fly model airplanes 30 years ago I made my own fuel and it was
29% Caster Oil, 70% Methanol and 1% Ether for the larger engine.  For the
small engine the Ether was replaced with Nitro Methane from the local speed
shop.  I got this formulas off a can of store bought model airplane fuels.
Years ago they use to have the contents on the side of the cans.  Not any
more. Now days they use Synthetic oil instead of caster oil.  I think some
of the guys on the TC list have used caster oil in some of there projects.
I have never used it myself.

Gary Weaver