[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re. -minus 3.95 days and the caps are done!!!

Hi Tony, all,

>A question about your transformer: does it have 2 high-voltage wires /
>terminals, or only 1 ? This would make a difference in your wiring
>hookup if one side of the high-voltage were internally connected to the
>case of the transformer (the 1 wire type). Best of luck!!! Keep us
>informed.

My Xfmr has only one HV stud.  After calling Gary earlier this week, he was
able to set me straight on this type of unit.  Thanks again Gary!

Well, everyone, after building new SW caps out of Nestea bottles.  I had
miscalculated on the capacitance and after Gary actually tested the
capacitance (see earlier post), I was way off on capacitance.  But after
winding a new primary and reconfiguring our hookup, we were able to get a 3"
long discharge.  Not very good for a coil of our size, but I think it will
possibly get my step son a good award at the science fair.

Any way, I intend to take a week or two off and then I'll get back into it.
Working on such a short deadline was stressing to say the least.  Short of
winding a new primary and locating a xfmr, we built a TC in 4 days!

Thanks to everyone and all the responses,

Kent