[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Panasonic polypropylene caps

>Original Poster: "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
>
>I don't know what the difference is, but I have quite a few of the ECQ-E
>Panasonic capacitors in a .022 (224K) size, 1250 VDC - I get $16 per hundred
>plus shipping - that's quit a bit cheaper than the prices for new ones
>below, and these are new, in bags of 100.  The dielectric may be different,
>I don't know what difference that will make, but if you want any of these,
>contact me directly, off the list.  I don't have any other values, and I
>won't have any at all once these are sold.

The ECQ-E line has a polyester film dielectric.  These have a dissipation
factor of 1.0% -at-1KHz, while the ECW line of polypropylene film dielectric
caps have a dissipation factor of 0.1% -at-1KHz.  The ECW's also spec their
dissipation factor -at-10KHz (0.2%) and mention high pulse currents, while
the ECQ-E line makes no mention.

Will they work?  Certainly not as well as the polypropylene units, but
quite possibly better than glass/SW caps.  Seems cheap enough too.
Anyone know what the dissipation factor is for glass?

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA