[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CRT Caps (was Re: Tube coil capacitors)

A note about this type of capacitor:

I found an article in a magazine of the last century, by Edison
himself, telling that his electric lamps make good Leyden jar
capacitors. Just wrap some metal foil around the bulb and use the
lamp connections as the other terminal. The partial vacuum
inside the bulb was conductive enough to make the connection to
the inner wall of the tube. The article shows a drawing of a
battery of capacitors made with these lamps.
The magazine was "La Lumiere Electrique", I don't remember when.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz