[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Break Rates??

Does anyone know what or how to calculate the break rate on a static
type gap? Another question, which would be better a low break rate or a
high break rate? I am building a coil that will use a 7.2kv potential
transformer (short 3kw runs) and a .05uf cap. I have yet to decide on
which type of gap to use. If I use a rotary type what should my break
rate be? If I use a static type gap, can it withstand those large doses
of power and still quench?

Off of my subject, but can someone tell me how to calculate peak
voltages at the gap and also in the capacitor.

Chris