[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil capacitors

At 05:32 PM 2/15/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: Brandywine <brandywine-at-writeme-dot-com>
>
>Guys,
>   I'm in the process of building a high power tube Tesla coil. I'm
>looking for a source of capacitors, preferrably used, for this project.
>Any ideas?
>Dave Hartwick

How high of power? One good thing about Tube Coils is that the voltages are
relatively low (in coiling terms!) and there is a good quantity of caps
available in the surplus market from older radio transmitters. Hamfests,
EBAY come to mind. Also you can easily roll your own, get some 10 mill LDPE
sheeting and roll, say three caps, and connect them in series for a
low-loss high voltage cap.

Regards,

David Trimmell