[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tuning coils

Yes it does help some. Thanks.

If I wanted to construct a receiving coil to receive the generated
transmission of a Tesla coil to experiment with local wireless
transmission (ala Richard Hulls experiments), but instead of the same
size coil or same frequency, could it be a smaller coil at an harmonic
of the larger? I guess that's more my specific question. If I'm to
understand you correctly, I should be able to do it if I keep the
harmonic below 1gH?

A radio tower is massive and generates megawatts of RF. But the receiver
in a radio is small and tunes to the proper frequency. Can I mimic this
with a tesla coil and a smaller receiving coil for a series of
experiments I want to perform? I know there will be losses. I just want
to know if the idea is viable.

Thanks, Bob V