[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re Sparks

Gary

My secondary winding starts at 1" above bottom of form. The primary 30
degree inverted/ conical starts with inner dia. of 8.5" (1" around whole
form).

I use RQ circ static gap with a muffin fan. The total gap was .038, but
my NST won't fire my rolled poly caps efficiently at that - so I shorted
the last two gaps with copper strap and got best performance.

I have an independent RF ground using two 4' long copper ground rods 10'
apart and tied together with #8 copper stranded.

I don't know how you got your spark breakout with two toroids! My first
toroid was 5" X 25" and I couldn't get it to spark at all until I
converted to rolled poly caps. I've never tried putting a nail in the
toroid for breakout - maybe I'll stack two toroids and try it. Thanks
for the help!

Bob V