[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NE555 driven coil WAS:Re: SCR driver coil...

>    The 555 falls apart when you try to use it for fast narrow pulses.
> At least the bipolar version does, the newer Cmos variety is faster
> but I don't know by how much. Check the spec on this stuff before
The CMOS  max freq is 2MHz, the older version is 500KHz.
I'm doing simulations to see if it's gonna work.
> you frustrate yourself with parts that are far from the "ideal"
Yep, the problem is that probably I'll have the secondary kicking back
HV into the driver, which will be cooked, but spice isn't telling me
much on this effect.

> Not sure what you mean here. ccs=scr ???? How about an IGbjt?
No it's just a simple bipolar junction transistor.
>   Bet you can't even get spice to make that work! Try it, we can't
> do all your homework for you.
For now I'm simulating the pulse generator, in 2 or 3 days I'll
simulate the amplifier and the oscillator.
I don't want you do the job for me, I'd like to read just your opinion
(which was interesting).
I think spice isn't going to tell me what will happen in the real world,
for this I need to try directly.
The problem is that I don't have time: I've got only one chance,
so your experience is precious for me.

Thank you,
Paolo