[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pole pig needed

to: Ben

Simple --- ask them for a non PCB certification document.

It is a Federal Law --- they have to tell you before they can sell it to
you.  Avoid the PCB transformer with the paperwork -- period.  Again, it
will cost you up to a thousand dollars to get rid of it.  Why not just
spend the $250 and get a nice use with a PCB free certification (they test
the oil) from T&R electric.  You don't want a non-certified transformer at
any bargain basement price -- it's not worth the problems down the road.

Regards,

Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: pole pig needed
> Date: Friday, February 05, 1999 9:37 PM
>
> Original Poster: Brandywine <brandywine-at-writeme-dot-com>
>
> Doctor,
>    How should I ask this?? ....Well, Would you still advise avoiding a
PCB
> filled transformer if it can obtained without a bunch of paper work
> attached to
> it?
>    Hard to imagine that a single unit obtained, say, at a junk yard would
ever
> be discovered by the EPA.
>    I'm not one to advocate flaunting the law. On the other hand, the EPA
is an
> agency out of control, in my opinion. Do I hear you saying that PCB pigs
> should
> be avoided completely?
> DH
>
> Tesla List wrote:
>
> > Original Poster: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
> >
> > to: Ben
> >
> > Be sure to check that they are not filled with PCB's --- sometimes the
> > "friendly" power companies love to unload these environmental boats and
> > have you sign all kinds of detailed papers indicating you are taking
full
> > responsibility for them.  When you have them if somebody tells the EPA
they
> > will require you to dispose of them and pay all costs --- usually
amounting
> > into the thousands of dollars.  They order you to dispose of them or
they
> > will dipose of them and then start collections after you, your home,
etc.
> > No joking -- this has really happened to a museum before!!   Look
carefully
> > before you leap on this one.  Almost --- been there, done that, --
> > Didn't.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net
> >
> > ----------
> > > From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> > > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > > Subject: Re: pole pig needed
> > > Date: Thursday, February 04, 1999 2:20 AM
> > >
> > > Original Poster: "Benjamin W. Bouxsein" <bbouxse-at-comp.uark.edu>
> > >
> > > On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Tesla List wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am in Fayetteville AR, and the local electric company here is
willing
> > > donate 5 surplus government distribution transformers to my local
Tesla