[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"

>         The key word above is "SEEMED" <to work>.  All of the conditions
which
> Tesla imagined have existed since the early 1900's, in the form of
> innumerable low-frequency high-powered transmitters, both spark and CW.
> If ANY of the ground-current effects existed, they'd have been exploited
> long, long ago.  The reason for the construction of gigantic VLF
> transmitters is because the path loss is very high.

Aren't we dealing with two different animals here? Radio towers deal
with info. transmission only, not power. Has anyone actually tried to
replicate Tesla's work in Colorado? I know we have eeficiencies now that
we didn't have then, etc.,etc..But has anyone actually replicated his
science? I still hold to the idea that there's much more to this
resonance thing than we are exploring at the moment - I'm sure that was
the "push" he needed to get over the "lossiness". Yes we have our
present day formulas, but formulas evolve as our understanding
increases.
I read in Cheney's book (I know, I know -lot's of mysticism here)about a
man who was working in Utah to replicate Tesla's work, but ran out of
funding to go further - anyone know his results?

Bob V