[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC scope pictures ERRORS!

The paper available on my WWW site about the measurements on my TC
contained some errors. Sorry about that...

I could not explain how the measured secondary current was looking like
that until I eventually realized that also the envelope phase was
completely wrong: maximum current with minimum voltage?! Impossible!

It was like measuring (again) the primary current and that is probably what
I actually did.

I was using a current transformer and (this time) a usual scope 10:1 probe.
As I was about 40 cm from the primary, probably the magnetic field induced
by the primary was stronger than the field induced by the secondary base
lead passing through the same transformer.

The result was that I measured an attenuated version of the primary
current, NOT the secondary current. Sorry for the fake!

I have now revised TCmeasure.doc and removed all considerations and
pictures about "secondary current". You can download the results of my
measurements as a zipped Word file from:

     http://www.saunalahti.fi/dncmrc/measure.html

Feedback (like always) welcome.