[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV connectors needed!

Do you need shielded connectors? Is it DC or AC or RF?

Modified PL-259/SO-239's ("UHF" connectors) are popular and inexpensive.
Drill out the phenolic and replace with a length of acrylic or
polycarbonate rod.

The key is having a long enough "creepage" distance.   Typically, you want
at least 3 times the free air spark distance.

There are a variety of HV connectors in use on Xray machines, and the ones
on mine are basically silicone plugs with the conductor in the middle, and
they press into a plastic receptacle with a retaining ring to hold them in.

Any practical HV connector IS going to be bulky, just for creepage distance
reasons.