[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotary Gap Question

Hello to all!

Heres' ANOTHER message from me...

I have a quick question about rotary gaps.  I understand with NSTs it would
be greatly to my advantage to have a sync motor running the gap.

The motor I have obtained is a turtlish 1000 RPM induction motor.  Is the
only difference between sync and induction motors that they have different
RPMs? (The sync's RPMs being a muliple of 60)

If that were true, then couldn't I put a high quality speed control on the
motor, run it at 900 RPM with 8 gaps, 120 breaks per second, and ride the
sin waves like a surfer?

Or has my train of thought wandered too far, and assumed too much?

Thanks,
Nathan