[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Trans.

>I disagree - the 50 foot streamers were from the extra coil to an electrode
>at one side of the safety fence around the magnifier.  Therefore they were
>not limited to the 31-32 foot height of the roof.

Hi all,

The above was closely interspersed with someone else's message so I am not
sure who wrote it (no quotes or ">" signs were used to differentiate the
text).

I'm confused about the reference to a safety fence around the magnifier. If
you look at photos of the interior of the Colorado Springs lab you see what
looks like a huge fence encircling the room.  Is that what is being
referred to?  That was not a safety fence.  That structure was the form
that held the magnifier's primary and driver coils.  They encircled the
room and consisted of just a few turns of wire (see Tesla's notes).   When
Tesla achieved his amazing record of 32 foot sparks, they were arcing from
the third coil in the center of the room, to the corners.  A few weeks ago
I posted a quote in which Tesla described this in detail, and I believe
Terry(?) also posted this quote more recently.  There is very little
ambiguity there, and Tesla mentions that at that length the sparks were so
feeble that when they hit him and his photographer they were barely
noticeable.  Is there a quote and date for the 50' reference above?  That
would be a great help in determining its validity.

Interesting dicussion.  Let's keep it friendly!

Cheers,

Charles F. Brush
http://www.VoltNet-dot-com