[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wire

"Fred Vermeer" <fredvermeer-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote:
>I would be safe to say spark plug wire, found at your local auto parts
>dealer.  It is very well insulated, and can handle a lot of juice.  It is
>what I am planning to use on my 15kv 30ma coil.

Nope.  Most modern spark plug wire is designed to be high resistance, on the
order of 1 Kohm per foot to reduce EMI in your ignition system.

If you use this stuff in a tesla coil you will be very dissapointed.

Plus the fact that the core is some form of carbon w/ fabric - it is
difficult to solder to it too! :)

-Bill