[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Can I touch?

I am getting the material together to build a small TC. (12KV 30ma NST, PVC
pipe, wire, etc.)

I built a TC many years ago (read 25) using a pair of 6L6 tubes. It made three
inch sparks
from a sharp point amd could light up a 3 foot flourescent tube half away
across
the basement. I considerd it to be very safe, in fact, I was not the least bit
scared to let the streamers crawl all over my fingers.

The question is: Will a NST/spark gap based TC be as safe? Will I be able
to let
the sparks touch me? Some of the posts recently has scraed me about this.