[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coiling Goals

Here's my contribution:

1.  Initially inspired re Tesla coils 60 years ago by an attraction at
the 1939 World's Fair at Treasure Island, CA--likely the Moody Bible
Institute (who might be disappointed to know that their sermons did not
rub off on me).

2.  Tried half-heartedly & half-competently to produce a coil or 2 over
the intervening years.

3.  My ultimate goals, starting more or less in earnest ~8 years ago:

3.1  All solid-state.
3.2  Only low voltage in the primary apparatus: n.g.t. the 117 V line-AC
full-wave rectified.
3.3  Physical outline, 4' high, 2' square; all self-contained except for
a control "wand".
3.4  3' to 4' sparks at up to 100 or so per second.

I've achieved all but 3.4 (just 18" or so, presently) and that's a matter
of doubling or tripling my driver assemblies; and then...keeping the
resultant electric field out of my electronics.  Always, the dog-work
along with the fun!

Ken Herrick