[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Winding primaries

Hi,

This is going to sound like a dumb question, nevertheless: can someone give
me pointers on winding primaries, such as the flat Archimedes spiral or
suacer/bowl shapes? I have built a small TC a few days ago, my first, with a
flat spiral primary made of 10AWG bare copper wire. It doesn't make huge
sparks, but there's something about seeing your first coil work that feels
great. Anyways, the primary was a pain in the nether regions to make. If
anyone has any winding methods that they find make it go easier, let me
know. Thanks in advance!