[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 12 volt primary circuit.

On 18 Dec, Terry Fritz wrote:

> There is a fundamental problem here.
>
> A primary circuit has to be inductive.  Usually about 25uH, give or take.

 So if my primary circuit had a 4.5uF cap with a single turn 1uH coil
 resonating at 75 Khz it would be too capacitive to couple very
 well to the secondary ?

 My origional thoughts were to get the reactance of the primary real
 low and build a secondary with a lot of XL to get the voltage gain
 up there with a battery.