[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tiny tesla...

Hi Ken,
           tiny tesla's are great - they are genuinely safe as the frequency
is so high & and they look seriously cool.  There is nothing really special
about very small coils.  Just get hold of a copy of which ever tesla design
program suits you and punch in the numbers.  If I were you I'd use 2" PVC
pipe as the former and make it more like 8" high.  This will pull the
resonant frequency down to a value where you don't need a totally tiny
primary cap and can therefore actually put some power into it.
A small nst - 6/60 would be more than big enough - I'd prefer a 3/60.  You
could also use an obit, which would make the gapping easier.

Regards
Nick Field