[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Flat Secondary

    Hi all,
  I read a lot about standard TC on variated sites,
but I try to build a tesla coil with cheap pieces (
see you, an atomic bomb in the kitchen). In my country
(Romania) we have not special stores where can buy
electrical HV pieces ( pole pigs, HV caps, coper pipe,
etc ) and I try to build something easier to make (not
very high power, let's say 1000-2000 wats), but a
tesla coil.
   I read somewhere that Tesla used a TC with flat
secondary ( like a pie). It can be build on a flat
surface, suspended on a wall, and I think that is
easier to vary the coupling (k=), with a mobile
primary, situated in the proximity. I am interesed to
know the formula for inductance (L=) for a flat coil.
  Can someone give me informations about this type of
TC? Did you build such a device? Is it performant?

   Greetings to all coilers
     Liviu   You can email me at teslina-at-yahoo-dot-com