[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Transmission

Hi All,

 Whoa! Pardners,

 Let's not be too harsh on ol' Nick.

So I'm ol'Nick now !

 There IS experimental evidence of earth
 electrical resonance as postulated by Tesla.

Thankyou - I was relying on tesla's data - independant confirmation ahhhhh

 Charles Yost's original experimental work addressed this very issue and is
 reported in his excellent monograph of 1983 entitled "THE TESLA
 EXPERIMENT -- Lightning & Earth Electrical Resonance".

 Following in Tesla's footsteps, Yost built an electric field meter for
 measuring lightning electrostatic discharge and electrical earth resonance.
 It was an odd pyramidal structure with a copper ball electrode 32 feet high.
 Electrostatic measurements were monitored on a storage oscilloscope inside
 the structure below.  It was quite sensitive and could detect lightning over
 100 miles away on a clear day.  I 1981 had the opportunity to meet Yost on
 other business in the mountains of western North Carolina and see his
 strange contraption.  I did not know what it was and did not ask.  About
 1995 I read his monograph and when I saw the pictures immediately recognized
 it.

This is research along the same lines as tesla's foundation research - how
the heck tesla observed his results in the 1890s without even a vacuum tube
to amplifiy the signal never mind a scope I will never know.
I have actually drawn up plans for a super sensitive system of this kind -
using fets to amplify the signal therefore achieving much better sensitivity.

 Tesla proposed that lightning was an earth resonance phenomenon and also
 stated the resonance would occur at 1/4 and other odd 1/4 multiples of the
 Earth diameter.  Yost succeeded in measuring earth resonant wave forms not
 only most prominently at 1/4 D (Earth Diameter), but also higher order
 harmonics; particularly odd ordered 1/8 D periods.  His data is tabulated in
 both time periods and in Earth diameters.  His 1/16 harmonics were not as
 clearly resolved due to his inability to resolve them clearly enough on his
 1983 HP storage scope.  He has good graphs, data and pictures of his
 apparatus.  He gives a fairly detailed explanation of the Earth electrical
 model.

I would be very interested to see them - do you have an email address for
charles yost (off list please)

 "Tesla's objective at Colorado Springs was to verify that the Earth could be
 electrically resonated.  He did not strive to produce lightning; and,
 ironically it was a sign of failure when his experiments resulted in
 lightning displays.  Tesla continued his Colorado Springs experiments in
 order to determine how to prevent sparks since they represented a breakdown
 in the electric fields he was trying to sustain.  Finally, he concluded his
 investigation with the claim that he had indeed learned how to control the
 wild spark." according to Yost.

If yost is refering to the corona control plates and the system of
'subtoroids' he used to even out the electric field then this is not
particullarly special - or was there some other technique?

 The 38 page monograph is available from The Tesla Book Company, PO Box
 121873, Chula Vista, CA  1-800-398-2056 or if they no longer have it contact
 Charles Yost at Electric Space Craft Journal, Leicester, NC.

It will be with me by the end of the month.

 RWW

My big coil has me occupied for the moment but when that is over I will try
to do some observations of this kind - unfortunately GB is not the most
lightening prone country in the world.

Regards
Nick Field