[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HV measure question

The other day I put the high side of a 12KV NST across the leads of my tank
cap and then attached a 120VAC voltmeter to the low voltage terminals. This
way I can multiply the meter voltage by 100 and get voltage across the cap.
I was wondering how accurate this is. I figure this way I can know exactly
how much stress I'm putting on my caps, but does anyone think that maybe
higher voltages can present themselves w/ out the meter picking it up and
threatening my cap? I don't want to be fostered into a false sense of
security.
Hope to soon post some pics of my new maggie,

Adam