[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LOW VOLUME

Hi Coilers:

Is it just me, or has there been a marked decline in the volume of
messages here on the SIG lately?  Maybe everyone's too busy with
Christmas shopping!

I'm well along with my second coil.  Four by sixteen secondary with
an 11" x 4" toroid top load, 15 degree 1/4" tube saucer primary,
RQ multi-gap, mica cap, and two OBIT's for power.

I managed to fry one of the OBIT's setting the safety gaps, but I've
got access to lots more.  Is 100 pF. across the safety gaps OK when
using a pair of pancake chokes wound of # 22 on a 2" OD teflon form?

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca