[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Newly completed vacuum tube coil - pics

Simon,
RE: your VTTC design:

A good reference for a VTTC is an ARRL Handbook for Radio Amateurs.
check libraries, bookstores, radio/electronics swapmeets

example 1995 edition pg 13.49
shows a 3CX800 triode 6 meter power amp.

Note that RFC's are used for BOTH
  the filament AC supply and
  Plate DC supply
and are absent from your design.

Larger inductances are required for your lower freq amp. such as used in the
8877 amp below.

RF isolation is absolutely necessary.

Also use a parasitic suppression choke in series with and close to the plate
cap.

ref: 1995 edition pg 13.43 8877 tube amp for 160 meters thru 10meters,
> Z1 a few turns heavy wire/strapm around a couple 2W 100 ohm carbon comp
resistors

I'm surprised you've got as good a performance as evidenced in your photo's
w/o RFC's !

Can't wait to see the improvement !

The RFC's (radio freq choke) will help keep RF out of the AC lines
 so you're TDS will be happier.

Regards, Dale  K3MNN
Redondo Beach, Calif