[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Stealth Tesla Coil

"I think some (most?) ferrites have a maximum permissible flux level.
Driving them above that causes them to be, well, "less ferriteish".  I
wonder if this large gap current will deferrite the ferrites?"

	Make that ALL ferrites (and any other ferromagnetic materials) have a
maximum permissible flux (dejnsity) level.  Tyically of the order of
4000 gauss.  Look at the Amidon web page

	http://www.bytemark-dot-com/amidon/content0.htm

	http://www.bytemark-dot-com/amidon/content0.htm

(yep, that does bring up Amidon) for formulae for calculating flux
density from core area, number of turns, and frequency of applied
voltage.

Ed