[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More maggie Q & A

Hi Ed, Dc

El snip ola--

> Mike,
>
> You want to keep the inductance of the driver as low as possible and the
> inductance of the extra coil as high as possible...within reason.  It is
> possible to have the inductance of the extra coil too high.
> Experimentation will give you a "feel" for good working driver/extra
> coil ratios.
>
> Ed Wingate RATCB

It looks like my induction ratios are a bit mixed up.
What I`ll do is wind a new extra coil, still 4.25" by 23" but
with thinner wire to up the inductance, if I wind about 1200 turns
instead of the previous 800 then I should have an inductance ratio
of 1:2 (driver:extra)about 34mH.

Also re-read some old post, The comment about inductance came from
Richard Quick.

Next qustion.

With regards to the primary/driver how close should the two coils be.
I thought 2" or so.(This should give me room to add insulation around
the driver)

Cheers Mike Tucknott
If at first you don`t succeed......

It must be someone else`s fault so