[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First light, and a poor performance

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Coiler <mycroft-at-access1-dot-net>
>
> Forgive me, but something is just not right here. A 4" coil at 4KW should
> do *MUCH* better than 27"
> I belive Mike Hammer has gotten better than 50" with about 1KW, and I
> personally have manged to get
> 37" from 720VA on my 6" coil. I suggest taking a good look at your ground -
> and your caps.
> You may want to check into a solid topload too.

    The ground consists of 2 1m long grounding rods, in damp ground, as
indicated
in the last message, we think that it is the caps causeing the problem, and
we did
try with a solid topload with no improvment.    Thanks for the sugestion
about the
ground, I'll try to improve it with another rod and see what difference that
makes.

--
*Stephen Rodway             Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com *  Support your local *
*Tel. 01761 300615                             *     coroner....     *