[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: construction of a transformer core?

In a message dated 4/27/99 3:37:21 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  I would like to build my own transformer, but since I
>  don't have any used cores to wind it on, I was wondering
>  if there is any material that would be useful in the actual
>  construction of a transformer core...

Jeff,
   There are many companies that sell transformer cores over the net.  You
can get laminates or ferrite material(although I haven't seen ferrites large
enough to make a good HV transformer).   Just search for transformer cores
and you should see plenty to choose from.