[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Brain fry...

This is what I have....
1: A mixture of secondaries, all 24" X 6" 20AWG on PVC (green)
2: 2 NST's either 15KV-at-30 or 12KV-at-30
3: Asource for caps rated 1250VDC and 224K

This is the question.
What is my required capacitence? How many and in what configuration
do I need to make a healthy MMC?
How much can I overenginner it? How do I do it?

I've consulted everything from MATH.txt to the oracle at
Delphi...after getting a healthy case of brain fry I figured I'd fire
out a post to the list. There are some of you who can do these
equations in your sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, what do I use for the main I/O to the MMC? I would assume
running them into a bus bar.
    Size is of no importance, the bigger and uglier this this is the
better. I just want it to work well and have a lengthy life.
    I'm toying with several different mounting methods for easy
replacement of the caps in the (inevitable) event of failure. I'd
like a (near) solderless method of mounting the individual caps.
   I'm estimateing needing 200 or so caps.

   WARNING: The surgon Generall has stated that smoking capacitors
can be hazardous to your health.

Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group
344 Ionia SW