[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Latest MicroSim Model

For the MicroSim 8.0 enthusiasts...,

	I have taken Gary Lau's excellent voltage triggered spark gap model and
added it to my on-going Tesla coil model.  The model will now do both sync
and static gap TC analyses.  One can play with resonant charging "chaotic"
firing and large primary cap values.  I added resistors here and there so
that MicroSim would be stable (MicroSim does not like wires with zero
current going through them).  The model is at:

Voltage Triggered Gap
www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/4-23a.sch

simply rewired for Sync Gap
www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/4-23b.sch

	One can simply wire either the voltage triggered circuit or the sync
circuit as desired.  The pulse width and the firing voltage of the voltage
triggered circuit can be easily set.  The pulse width, delay, and period or
the sync control can also be easily set.  Of course, for a non-sync gap,
the period can be set to any reasonable value you think your rotary gap
fires at.

	The model (4-23a.sch)is presently configured to show "chaotic" firing with
a large primary cap value using a static gap at a 15000 volt gap voltage.
This is rather interesting in that after nine firings, the gap no longer
reaches firing voltage and the gap quits firing.  However, hook in the sync
gap (4-23b.sch) and the difference is dramatic!!  One may want to reduce
the simulation time or increase the step time on slower machines as needed.

	Many thanks to Gary for figuring out this great voltage triggered gap
method!  I have tried a number of things, but they have all fallen far
short of his method.

	Terry