[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question about Line Filters

Dave and Alex:
	Hey, about those filters, how are they constructed?  Do they really have
a polarity?  What I mean is: does the filter REALLY operate differently
in one direction that the other?
	If it is a high pass filter, it seems to me like they wouldn't because
all the high pass filters I've ever built didn't have a polarity, you
just ran current through them and the output on the other side was
dependent on what the input frequency was.  You could flip the filter 180
and connect the source to the output and the load to the input and it
would do exactly the same thing.
	But then again, I have never torn apart those ones you buy at the store
that are in metal boxes, so I wouldn't know.

						Brent
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]