[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Smooth Toroid?

	I am trying to make a toroid out of 4" drain pipe, covered in metallic flue
tape.  I am most upset, because the tape was 8 dollars for a roll of 15
feet, and it doesn't stick and will not be smooth.  The toroid has wrinkles
all over, there is not an inch of smooth surface.  I have read that smooth
surfaces are the best, and I was wondering what the outcome would be with a
poor toroid?  Does it give smaller discharges?  I am also concerned with my
usage of surplus magnet wire.  There was a little corrosion on the outside
of some of the wire.  What kind of effect would that have?  This is my first
Tesla Coil, so I guess I've learned alot.  Thank You,

-Andy