[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Definition of a Farad

Hi Christopher,

	The "farad", which is the standard unit of measure for capacitance, was
named in honor of Michael Faraday (1791-1867).  Faraday discovered
electromagnetic induction, made the first dynamo, and formulated the laws
of electrolysis along with many other things.  Thus, the term farad was
givin to recognize his contributions.

	Terry