[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Just wonderin' (fwd)

> From: christopher boden <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Just wonderin'

> Also..on a safety note.
> We've just gotten a set of High Voltage gloves (gauntlets) from the
> local power company and I can't say enough about them. They're great.
> We built a few Jacob's ladders to test the new NST's and it's great
> to be able to adjust the electrodes without turning the power off.
> The gloves are rated to 50KV so we've get quite a safety margin.
>

> "Evolution Stops When Stupidity Is No Longer Fatal"  [SEE BELOW!]

Chris,

This will be blunt and to the point, mainly so others inexperienced with
high voltage will not follow your HIGHLY DANGEROUS EXAMPLE!

NEVER, NEVER trust any sort of gloves, no matter how high a voltage they
are rated for!  All it takes is a pinhole in a glove, or bumping into a
sharp protrusion of a HV conductor, and you may experience a FATAL SHOCK
and KILL YOURSELF!!  It is FAR SAFER to UNPLUG your HV equipment, discharge
and keep shorted any HV capacitors, then make whatever adjustments you need
to make.

--Steve